Friday, June 24, 2011

THE THREE MINUTES SERIES: Post #1

I don't know how many post will be in this series. But keep checking in to see how it ends.

He threw her up against the wall rattling the picture hanging above her head. Like a veil, fear and humilation coverered her face. His hands squeezed her upper arm firmly as he held her there leaving his hand print in her flesh. He wore the face of terror. He was twice her size, 6'2" and at least two hundred pounds. her Asian stature was less than five feet and she was only ninety pounds or so. I just stood in the corner unnoticed as I watched him scream in her face.The carefree feeling of childhood ran from my life that very second, never to return. I was only four.

Everyone has a past. Everyone has a present. Everyone has a future. You must choose in which you are going to live. In the next three minutes, no one can guarantee you what is going to happen. I can't tell you who will call you with devastating news. I can't tell you if a plane is going to drop down from the sky into the middle of your living room. I can' tell you if your spouse is going to cheat on you. No one can guarantee you anything. All I can tell is that you must live your life as if three minutes were all that you had left. 

If three minutes was all that was left on your clock, what would you say, what yould you do? The answer to this question will tell you alot about yourself. We don't know if we have three minutes or three decades here on this earth, but you must life your life as if you had three minutes but really wanting three centuries.

Too be continued...

4 comments:

Ellen C Maze said...

Wow! That was moving and full of truth, Kim. I know what I would do if I had only three minutes left. I would go to my knees and thank God for everything He's done for me and I'd say, "ABBA, HERE I COME!" :-)

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Kim, an outstanding, thought provoking post. I would be right there with Ellen, thanking my God for my children and grandchildren and all of the blessings He has given me.

KF Ridley said...

Thanks Ellen and Cynthia...there is more to come in this blog series. Hope you can continue to visit. I agree with both of you. Just sit for 3 minutes and think how long it really is.I would be thanking God for my time here and my family and praying for all of them as was about to leave them.

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

Great post, Kim. A powerful reminder to keep my eyes on what is truly important. Thank you for sharing it with us.